Mandarin Orange Monday 76

1bannerandbadge2-copy

Castro the Cat

I have been lucky enough to spend the past couple of weeks in Manly – beautiful harbour views from every window, ferries and other boats passing by. I also had a new friend…well, became reacquainted with an old friend, His name is Castro – a pretty amazing cat.Castro can even use a proper human toilet (his very own of course).

Meanwhile our Melody Cat was being looked after by my son and his family together with regular visits to and fro by my husband and I. The regular visits, I might add, were part of the fun. A ferry ride across Sydney Harbour and short bus ride…all for $2.50 -since we are now “Seniors”. And the odd night alone to do what I wanted…skip meals or have ice-cream for dinner..or watch a television series which definitely is not my usual “cup of tea”. The only hint I will give here is that it is about zombies – I still can’t believe I got hooked . I also must add that for large parts of it I had my hands covering my eyes. My usual favourites are British and Nordic crime fiction – Spooks, Wallander, Borgen etc. This one was very different…

So now it is time to meet Castro.

1Castro_sqWEB

1. Castro. Pentax istDL. Sigma Macro 70mm lense

2Castro_sq_2WEB

2. PS Hue/Saturation and Selective Colour changes.

3Castro_sq_2-bwWEB

3.Desaturate. Nik Silver Efex – Antique. PS Photo Filter – Warming

4Castro_veryClsUp_2WEB

4.PS Tone, Curves, Contrast changes

6Castro_veryClsUpWEB

5.PS Hue/Saturation and Selective Colour changes. Nik Color Efex -Polaroid Transfer -Glamor Glow.

7CastroClsup_blueWEB

6.PS Hue/Saturation and Selective Colour Changes. Nik Color Efex – Glamor Glow.

8CastroClsup_blue-_2WEB

7. PS Hue/Saturation and Selective Colour Changes. Nik Color Efex – Glamor Glow.PS increased Vibrancy.

12Castro-onwildcatWEB

8. Nik Color Efex – Glamor Glow

14Castro-onwildcat3WEB

9. PS Hue/Saturation and Selective Color Changes. PS Filter Gallery – Poster Edges. Increased Vibrance. Nik Color Efex – Polaroid Transfer.

9CastroOnClock_1aWEB

10. Nik Color Efex – Glamor Glow

10CastroOnClock_2WEB

11. PS Hue/Saturation and Selective Colour Changes. PS Photo Filter – warming. Nik Color Efex – Glamor Glow and Reflector Efex.

11CastroOnClock_3yWEB

12.PS Hue/Saturation and Selective Colour Changes.PS Nik Color Efex – Glamor Glow and Relflector Efex. PS Filter Gallery – Neon Glow. Topaz Clean Filter. PS Filter Gallery – Poster Edges. PS Selective Color and Curves adjustments.

Thank you all for your New Year wishes and comments last week. I am glad so many of you enjoyed seeing the collection of your work. I very much enjoyed doing it too. I really do love doing this challenge, I look at your work and read your comments with my first coffee of the day – although it is often the end of the week  before I can return your comments and thank you.

I must tell you about the happy surprise I found in my letter box this week. A wonderful card and calendar in French- with an Australian theme pic! I put my schoolgirl  French to good use – and also used it to teach my grandson some seasons in French. Thank you so much Nadine:) Even the envelope was beautiful and very creative.

And once again, thank you to all for making blogging so much fun. I have met so many lovely people here.

CArdWEB envelopeweb

mom_badgeweb

Looking forward to see what you have to share this week! If you are new and not sure what to do…visit About Mandarin Orange Monday.

25 Responses to “Mandarin Orange Monday 76”

1. Mormor says:

Good morning from Norway.
    Happy to see your cat :)
    All the best :)

2. Castro is simply beautiful…..what a handsome cat with a wildness about him. Sounds like a wonderful time. Funny your comment on “seniors”…..xox

3. Andrea says:

A smart looking cat indeed. Castro fits his name … seems like he shoudl be wearing a fedora and smoking a cigar :) Love all the pictures of him. He is much like Diva in that he has the exagerated features that make him the perfect art model. My favorites are #6 and #9. That said, we have, of course, had a little ESP going as I have featured Diva this week.

I love that your holiday allows you to go back and forth across the habour … being able to return to you chosen place of peace, quiet and marvelous views. Like you I love a good mystery on TV or in a book, so enjoy your special time … you deserve it. Thanks again for this wonderful meme … I look forward to it (and you) every week.

Andrea @ From The Sol

4. ladysighs says:

What a collection of cats! I like the last one best. Castro seems ready to pop off the page. :)

5. from your collection today my favorite is the last one. Love the positions of the cats/lions and your execution of the image digitally. :) . Definitally one I can hang on my wall. :)

6. I love them. The cats as well. But I love what you did with the images. :D

7. Vane M. says:

Adoro gatos… a imagem de close do perfil é simplesmente fantástica!!! Bela seleção, um abraço!

8. Electra says:

Your art this week is spectacular, Lori!!

9. Jane says:

Such a sleek cat! Like the last photo best-the pose and how his fur seems really shows up! Sounds like a lovely holiday!

10. Antanami says:

Inspiring art and of course I love Castro

11. LonettA says:

Castro is a very beautiful cat!! Great your arstic pictures again. Today my favorit is no. 9! I like it very much!

12. Debbie says:

Orange suits Castro! My favourite is number 9, beautiful!

13. rachel27b says:

My favourite is No. 7. The contrasting colours really pop!
    Rachel

14. LadyD Piano says:

LOVE Castro in warming and glamor glow. Happy Sunday B’day, Lori! Have a warm, inspiring day filled with many “orange” blessings!

15. Lorik says:

Thank you LadyD:) And a very Happy Birthday to your daughter and grandson. Imagine….the three of us on the same day…all very different generations too of course:) I wonder if there are any other blogger friends with the same birthday…as ours or each others?

16. Lorik says:

But of course:) Should I tell?

17. Lorik says:

ESP indeed :) And I don’t think that is the first time that has happened either! Castro is the perfect art model, I agree, and Ann my friend, being an artist, no doubt had that in mind when she chose him. Thanks again Andrea…I love doing it:)

18. Lorik says:

Thanks everyone. I think Castro is now a star along with my Melody:) Thanks for your comments and observations… I will be visiting you all soon! Just looking for the moment…over coffee no. 1 :)

19. Hannah says:

What great photos of your cat. Castro looks like a wild cat to me, and his eyes in the first photo somehow remind me of a bush baby. I’m amazed all the great poses he would do for the camera, my cat is too fidgety and always moving. I particularly like #9 for the filters and colors that make it look like artwork.

20. Nice. I like what you did with the cat. Adding color can really enhance the feel and change the mood.

21. Lorik says:

I didn’t actually get him to pose…he was there already and I grabbed my camera:) Lucky I got a couple while he was still!

22. Nick
    Twitter:
    says:

And a fine cat Castro is in all his hues!
    Thanks for hosting!

23. Leovi says:

Very interesting, lovely texture and orange tones! Nice photos!

24. Teresa says:

Castro is very striking! Love the macro 5th shot.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Mandarin Orange Monday: 76 - […] http://lorikart.com/2014/01/12/mandarin-orange-monday-76/ […]
  2. Brave Advice - […] with Song-ography, Monday Mellow Yellows, Mandarin Orange Monday, and Blue […]
  3. Orange headless - […] Mandarin Orange Monday 76. […]
  4. Shadow in the Golden Hour - […] Linked to Shadow Shot Sunday and Mandarin Orange Monday. […]
  5. Manly Harbour – Looking Down - […] ← Previous […]